My husband brought home some lovely smoked duck from work so of course we were obliged *cough* to cook it. We though of many different ways that we could incorporate it into a dish and finally came to a conclusion: Smoked duck with vermicelli noodles! This dish is full of Asian flavour and different textures, something that we love in my house! Each ingredient is really used to its full potential to really enhance all the different flavours. On top of tasting absolutely DELICIOUS this salad is super easy and fun to make!
What You Will Need For The Salad:
Mixture of salad greens
1 English cucumber
1 green chilli
Head of blanched broccoli, cut into pieces
Handful of fresh mint
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of fresh coriander
1 or 2 stalks of celery, with leaves
1 to 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
200g of vermicelli noodles
Splash of sesame oil
To Make the Dressing:
1 tablespoon of tahini paste
1 tablespoon of avocado oil
Juice of half a lime
1/2 cup of white vinegar mixed with 1 teaspoon of sugar
Knob of ginger
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
METHOD FOR DRESSING:
1. Mix the avocado oil, white vinegar, tahini paste, lime, and soy sauce together. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
2. Grate the ginger and garlic into mixture.
3. Whisk all ingredients together
METHOD FOR SALAD:
1. Roughly chop the broccoli, celery, mint, basil, coriander, and chilli.
2. Pour boiling water over the noodles and let sit for 15 minutes until soft. Drain.
3. Place salad leaves on platter and add your chopped greens, noodles, and sliced duck.
4. Finally drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
We also filmed ourselves making this so be sure to check it out for some fun and don’t forget to subscribe!